Friday, April 27, 2012

Zoo day with the giraffes!

Hello again!  Yesterday I took my son to the zoo and decided I needed a mani to go with the awesome day!  I decided to use my Bundle Monster plates to stamp a giraffe pattern for the perfect effect and then tipped the end of my nail using scotch tape as the stamp did not go all the way to the top of my ring finger nail. 

I am not a big lover of the yellow color I used. The color was perfect but the polish, NYC Taxi Yellow Creme, was hard to apply and I had a lot of balding which was not really noticeable after the stamp and top coat thank goodness!


I am still having a tough time stamping that I decided to just do my ring finger and paint the rest in my favorite Opi color. Opi's You Don't Know Jacques was one of the first colors I saw on Pinterest that started this obsession with painting my nails!  This is the actual photo from Pinterest.  Don't you just love it in matte too? I bought a matte top coat so I can also create a matte look with all my polishes! So much fun!



And finally a picture of the big day at the zoo!  My 5 year old was a bit apprehensive of feeding the giraffe so a friend helped him a bit!  The day was just awesome and the fun mani was just icing on the cake...even my son thought they were pretty cool!

Thanks for visiting! Have a wonderful Friday!

~Keep Dreamn ;)

Base:  Nail Tek II
Polish:  Opi, You Don't know Jacques and NYC, Taxi Yellow Creme (114A)
Stamp:  BM10   
Top coat: Seche Vite Dry Fast <3 <3

Middle photo credit from Nailstah.

No comments:

Post a Comment